City : Money, Benefits, Housing : Benefits

Money, Benefits, Housing

question.gifWhat Benefits Can I Apply For?

Here is some information on the benefits available but you can always speak to someone in person about your situation.

  • If you are over 18 then click here to find out what benefits you could be entitled to and how to claim
  • If you are under 18 then go to Wamster to find out more information
  • How do I Apply?

    cv.gifFor information on all DWP benefits including Jobseekers Allowance, heating, housing benefits, carers and disability

    The following benefits are provided by by Reading Borough Council – Royal Borough Windsor and Maidenhead 

  • Council Support Services

    shadowing.gifProvides advice and support to residents who are experiencing exceptional pressures as a result of an unforeseen crisis or significant life event. This link gives you more information


  • Housing Benefit

    house.gifIf you have to pay rent and you are on a low income you can claim Housing Benefit to help you pay. It only depends on income so it doesn’t matter if you are in or out of work. This link will take you to our on-line application form if you want to make a claim.

  • Council Tax Reduction

    If you are under 18 you do not have to pay Council Tax.

    If you are 18 or over on a low income and have to pay Council Tax, you can get help to pay from the Royal Borough Windsor and Maidenhead Council Tax Support Scheme. Please use this link to find out about the scheme and how to make a claim.


  • Mortgage Interest Run On

    This is money that you can get towards the cost of a house if you are starting to work full-time, working more hours or are earning more money. There is more information on this site: Mortgage interest run on

  • Work Choice

    work.gifIf you are returning to work after an illness and were receiving incapacity benefit you could apply for this type of benefit once you have started work. There is more information on the following website: Jobseekers Allowance and low income benefits

  • Useful Links

    HMRC Tax Credit Guide: A useful government website that offers information on tax credits

    Child Poverty Action Group: A national charity which aims to reduce child poverty and supports families on benefits in the UK

    Disability Living Allowance: Information on the government scheme of DLA which is for people aged 16-64 with a disability

Log in and complete this floor.