City : Enterprise Walk : Legal Stuff

Enterprise Walk

law.gifYou will need to make sure you know about taxes, company law and other business matters to make sure everything runs smoothly for your business.

  • Revenue & Customs (HMRC)

    HMRC are the UK’s tax authority. They are responsible for collecting taxes from individuals and businesses to fund the UK’s public services and for helping families and individuals with targeted financial support. They will be able to give advice on your legal status and what that will mean for you.

  • Companies House

    The main functions of Companies House are to incorporate and dissolve limited companies, store company information required by law (e.g. annual accounts and ownership details), and to make this information available to the public.  You will have to register with Companies House if you wish to start a company.

  • Other legal issues

    When setting up business in the UK you may need to apply for a licence, depending on what your business is.  Use the licence finder tool to check if you may need a licence to set up your business.

    You may also need to have Public Liability insurance.  If you employ staff you must have Employers’ Liability Insurance to cover you for at least £5 million.

Log in and complete this floor.