City : Motivation Centre : Asking for Help
No one expects you to do this on your own, so ask for support! You can get help from the people around you. You could get a mentor or join a job club. Whoever you ask it is really important to get people to help you.
Friends and Family
These are the people closest to you and who know you best so they can be ideal for helping you in your job search.
Here’s some things that they can do to support you:
- Check that you are keeping up with you applications
- If they are job hunting as well, you can do it together
- If they have a job they can give you advice about what worked for them
- Check through your applications and give advice
- Remind you about deadlines
- Organise a treat or a break to take you mind off job hunting
There are loads of job clubs in Maidenhead and Windsor that provide support and advice on how to get a job.
How they help:
- Networking opportunities
- The chance to talk to other people in your situation
- Learn skills to help you get a job
- Receive Encouragement and expert advice
Here are some Job Clubs in Maidenhead/Windsor:
There is loads more information on how you can get the support of a mentor in Mentoring Bridge, go and take a look.
Your local Library can be an excellent resource if you are job hunting, improving skills or just relaxing. They have local job papers, free wifi, free computers, films, magazines and books. No matter what your interests are there will be books available and don’t forget there are hundreds of great motivational books too.
Links to your local Libraries: